Here are the goods: Alex is now 13 months old, and changing every day. Right now we aren't sure who he looks like more, since one moment you can look at him and he looks like me, the net he looks like Dan. No new teeth yet, just the 4 on the bottom, and 4 on top. Alex is still walking up a storm, but we have noticed over the last month that he is slowing down--not because there is something wrong, but we tend to wonder where he is when everything is quiet, and you wonder what he is up to because he could never be so quiet, only to find that he's sitting in the living room reading his book! He's also gotten a lot more cuddly again...He'll sit with me on the couch and watch TV in the morning, and he'll sit with Dan in the evening and play, read or again, watch TV. It's kind of nice because now he is cuddling with us because he wants to, not because he has no choice in the matter.
Alex is also completely off formula now.I was trying the whole mixing 1/2 and 1/2 then slowly adding more milk and less formula, and what finally made the change was that it was payday, we were out of formula, and I just didn't buy any more. So, it's Homo milk now! We also had made some great progress with cutting out bottles, with Alex only having 2 a day, then something happened and he completely refuses to use a sippy cup for his milk. So, we're back to about 4 bottles a day of milk (only 4 oz mind you), and starting tonight, he only gets water in his bottle at bed time. It actually worked out well, because today was bloody hot here, so I could leave the bottle in his crib for later if he woke up thirsty (and I remind you that the bottle only has WATER in it, so all off you scoffing at my parenting for leaving a bottle in the bed, it's ok--the dentist even said so).
Alex is pretty much sleeping through the night now. We have only maybe one or two nights a week where he wakes in the night, but I expect it still since he is still waiting for some teeth to come in. Unfortunately, we aren't getting any extra sleep, because Alex usually wakes up for the day around 5:30 or 6:00am.I have actually let him cry back to sleep and left him until 7 on a few mornings because I was too tired to get up. I also noticed that the last 2 days, he's cried around 4:30-5. but ut himself back to sleep until about 6:45 in the morning. Much easier to get up at that time....
My mom is being a brave soul and is taking Alex for 2 nights in August, so Dan and I can have some time to ourselves...I want to go and do something, but I have a feeling we're just going to do stuff around the house and get caught up (I know, boring!). Work is going well but we always seem to be in some level of unrest because there seems to be a lot of people quitting again. We have a new rotation starting in September, and a lot of people are not happy with it, so we'll see what happens.
As some of you know, I am going to be an Auntie! My brother's girlfriend Carrie is due December 25th of all days. I am very excited! They have an ultrasound on Aug. 1st, and are planning to find out the sex of the baby, so I'll know ahead of time and can start shopping early! We are all anxious for the ultrasound because Carrie had a previous high risk pregnancy that resulted in a still born, so she is high risk again this time. Please everyone pray for my little niece or nephew!
Ok, last update...My Dad got remarried on May 31st, and here are some of our family photos...For those who don't recognized everyone in the big picture, that is all of my step-mom's family, my new additional family! So, enjoy the pics!



No comments:
Post a Comment