Ok, we took Alex to the pediatrician for a check up today, and things are looking good. She is happy that he is making progress, and was actually a little more forthcoming with what her concerns were....
Her biggest concern is that Alex's regression in speech may be cause by seizures or a metabolic disorder. So, he has to go for an EEG and bloodwork to rule them out. Once they are ruled out, then the conclusion will be that he just needs a little help with speech. So, we have many appointments booked over the next month with developmental therapists and speech therapists to get him going, as well as getting the bloodwork done and then the EEG.
In terms of worse case scenario, I certainly wasn't thinking that a seizure would be worst case (I was thinking more like inoperable brain tumors). I can handle seizures. Seizures means meds and dietary management. Same with metabolic disorders. I'm so not as freaked out as I was.
We see her again in a month. In the meantime, we just keep plugging away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment