Here we are, 11pm, August 5th....I need to sleep something fierce but am way to excited to do so! Only 33 more hours, and baby will be here (or there in abouts :)!!!!
Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day...We've kept Alex home from daycare so that he can come to my last OB appointment, and be a part of that, then he'll be off to my Mom's until Friday, when they'll both go back to our house for the weekend. I need a haircut, plus we have lots of last minute things to do. We need to look at our bags for the hospital and actually pack what we'll need, not just the bare essentials that can stay in the car in case of an emergency run, plus finish cleaning the house, doing laundry, mowing the lawn, you know, the usual stuff....
It was really weird today to be out with my girlfriend and talk about how I will definitely be having a baby in less than 2 days. It seemed kind of over planned, but at the same time, it is so nice to have an end date!!! I'm really nervous about everything from the surgery to baby, to coping with life afterwards--I have a lot of mixed emotions right now. I'm scared, happy, sad, uncertain...I'm just many things at the moment! Please don't be surprised if I'm crying like a baby when I phone you all with our big news!! Knowing me, I'll be crying on a regular basis for the next 3 months ;)
I am so optimistic, though, that I went out today and bought a girl's outfit for the hospital....I figure that if we have another boy I can take it back and get something in blue instead!!! I totally cased Sears for girl's clothing...I'm glad Dan has been working lots because we are going to spend a fortune on clothes!!
There are so many thoughts running through my head...I just can't seem to turn them off. I'm really glad they gave me Ativan to help me sleep the night before!
Well, I could be here all night expressing my thoughts, so I better go get some sleep. But, I'll leave you all with this:
It's gonna be a girl, born around 8:45am, and I think she's gonna weigh 8lbs 7oz, be 20 inches long, and have one very big head, just like her brother!!! Let's see if I'm right..............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment