Sunday, September 13, 2009

Quick story

My mornings are pretty hectic, as are most mornings for anybody with 2 small kids. The weekdays are worse, since Dan leaves at 7 for work, and it's usually 9 before I can Alex to daycare, leaving 2 hours of hair pulling nuttiness for me to deal with. This was Friday morning:

Dan left at 7, as usual. Alex and Katie woke up at 6:30, and I finished feeding Katie shortly after 7. Now I need to make Alex's lunch, get him dressed, get myself dressed, get Alex breakfast, and then off to daycare. I also need to clean the house because we have people coming for dinner, and I'm going to Langley to get Alex all of his fall clothes from Old Navy, so I'm not going to be home much.

Katie refuses to be put down. She will sleep in my arms, be quiet in my arms, but as soon as I put her down she's crying. This doesn't help since most of the things I have to do require two hands. I've tried the rumble seat, and the swing. I've tried the mobile and carrying her in the baby carrier against my chest; nothing is working.

So, I finally decided that enough is enough. It's now 8am, and if I don't put her down I am never going to get anything done. So, I put her in the swing, hoping to have enough time to pee, get dressed and put my contacts in before she starts crying again. Alex is running around the house playing. I made it to the bathroom before she started crying, but not out of it. I decided that she's just going to have to wait until I'm dressed, and if that means crying a bit, well then so be it.

Once I was dressed and contacts in, I came out of our bedroom and I could hear Alex in the living room saying "Okay? Okay? Okay?" very quietly and persistently. I snuck into the kitchen and peeked around the corner to see Alex at the base of the swing saying "Okay? Okay?" over and over to Katie---He was trying to make her all better!!! I tried so hard to get it on video but Alex ran away just as I hit record....

Seriously the cutest thing he's ever done!

No comments: