Today marked a big step in Alex's solid food journey.....We had fruit for the first time! I had been planning to introduce foods slower than normal because of his reaction to squash, but I figured, what the hell, if he reacts, he reacts! The other big thing that I had decided was that since Alex does not like oatmeal on it's own, that once he was eating fruit it would be given with his oatmeal so that I wouldn't be wasting a whole box of cereal.
Our first fruit premier was with bananas....I figured that since I ate bananas like they were going extinct during my pregnancy, the chance of allergy is low. So I made up some banana, and some oatmeal, and away we went! At first Alex didn't know what was going on (he's only had peas, green beans, wax beans and sweet potato so far), then he powered through the oatmeal and bananas!
I, myself, always taste the food first to see what he will be eating.I also have to do it to check temperature after heating the food. I tried the bananas, and I am completely surprised at how sweet they are! I could never eat them--they're too sweet! I think once this jar is finished, Alex will only be getting mashed fresh banana..It won't be so sweet. I should also mention though, that all prepared food I buy Alex is quite natural---Most of the food only has the fruit or veggie and water in it. No preservatives, no chemicals, no added salt, no added sugar. So, the bananas are naturally sweet.
So, new game plan.....Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, veggies and rice cereal for dinner. I think our next fruit will be applesauce, then we'll give carrots a try right before our next doctor's visit---If Alex reacts to the carrots, I want to make sure the doctor can see the reaction in all its fury!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment