Tuesday, June 9, 2009

DOES IT EVER END?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, so this has been the worst week EVER in the history of time (in my life anyways). After our ordeal on Thursday, (and hearing about on friends on Tuesday before that), I thought "ok, this is not a good week. It will get better". NOPE.

I picked my car up yesterday from the mechanic. The clutch master cylinder was gone, the catalytic converter was replaced, I had an oil change and the back brakes serviced and realigned. I drove not even ten minutes from the shop to a school where my Mom was working, visited with her, got in the car to leave, and the clutch went to the floor again. Another tow bill (the first one was $160, this one was $85), and I still don't have a working car!!! Plus, I had Alex with me this time, didn't bring diapers or snacks (because we weren't going to be gone long) and, of course, he needede to be changed and was hungry. Plus, just as I was getting stuck in Langley, Dan was getting home from work, didn't know what was going on, had no keys for the house or a ride home from the train. I sent his Mom but she missed him, so we had to play telephone with neighbors to get him the message that there was car trouble and we would be home soon.

We got home, tried to relax a bit (needless to say I had a major pregnancy moment and cried for a bit once we were home), and while Alex was playing with some magnets, he pulled the magnet apart and started playing with that. We knew he had it, but thought we had taken them all away when he went to bed. Well, he had one hidden somewhere, and when we went to change him shortly afterwards, Dan noticed that he kind choked on something and then swallowed it. Since we weren't sure, we took him to ER. 2 hours later (and at midnight), we found out that, yes, he had swallowed a magnet, but it was safely (if you canr eally use that word here) in his bowels and we now just have to wait for it to pass. If he hasn't passed it in a week, we have to take him back to the hospital for another xray (guess who's going digging in poop until we find it?!?!!?).

Then, in trying to wind down, I decided to check my email,only to find that my Dad had to put one of his dogs down last night because he was having seizures that wouldn't stop. I mean, can it really get any worse?!?!?!?! I just want to crawl in a hole and re-emerge in about 3 months... Alex woke up at 4:30 this morning screaming his guts out, and I almost took him back to the hospital. He wants NOTHING to do with me, and eventually calmed down with Dan, but now we're up at this god aweful hour (although I've been awake all night so I guess it doesn't really make too much difference--it just means I'm going to sleep once Alex is in daycare). Ugggghghghghghghghghghghghgh!!!!!!

Ok, I think I have ranted enough. I don't necessarily feel better, but it is nice to get it all out!

No comments: