Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh Gawd, He's pulling himself up on stuff now!

Ok, so I am all for progress. Progress is good. Progress shows that you are not stuck in the ice age and unwilling to change. My problem comes when progress happens too fast...........

We have been quite happy with Alex crawling. He can't move too quickly on the linoleum, so we haven't had too big of a concern with the stairs yet, but he can move enough to get himself around the living room and between all his toys strewn everywhere. Yesterday, he started trying to pull himself up on stuff, which resulted in some very spectacular falls onto his toys which were designed to help him stand and walk (he has a musical giraffe from Grandma Mowll, a lawnmower type toy you can stand push from Grandma Kubb, and a Winnie the Pooh musical truck from Grandpa Mowll and Nana Pat).

Last night, we learned how he practices all this stuff--He does it in his crib. After one successful pull up on the lawnmower (Dad had to hold it so it didn't get pushed out from underneath him) Alex spent the night pulling himself up in his crib. Needless to say, we got little sleep because Alex would then get stuck and cry for help. If he didn't get stuck, then he was squealing in delight over his new found mobility.

Today, he's tried to pull himself up on everything, and i managed to find a way for him to do it on the couch (I removed the cushion so he doesn't have to pull from such a high level). I do have a video, but until I find the cord for the computer to download it, you guys are just going to have to wait :)

My biggest thing is, Alex has only been crawling for 2 weeks. I think he is moving a bit too fast, but I guess you can't complain to much about progress!

No comments: