Thursday, February 14, 2008

Overwhelmed..........

I've been thinking quite a bit the last week, especially since I received bad news from 2 people. First, A women that I worked with committed suicide on the weekend, and then an acquaintance from high school found out that his wife lost their twins. I have never known anybody who committed suicide before, and of course miscarriage is the most horrific thing ever (at least I think it would be---I can't even imagine).

On top of all this, I am overloaded with things to do right now--Painting the house, looking for daycare, wondering about my work situation, terrified about my hearing in 2 weeks, and just keeping up with life basically. I feel pretty overwhelmed at the moment. I know that if I take things just one day at a time, that it will all work out, but I return to work in just 6 short weeks, I keep getting injured at the gym so painting is taking longer than expected, and I don't even want to think about daycare.

I plan to start looking for daycare next week, so that we have a good month to ensure that Alex has settled and won't flip out when he's there. it should be interesting, since he won't eat for anybody but me, go to sleep for anybody but me, and generally freaks whenever I leave the house.

Time seems to be flying by so fast...Alex is getting so big, and I have to be honest---the thought of returning to work, Alex turning one etc is making my clock tick again. Scary, I know. How on earth could I handle two babies if I'm struggling with just one? I also know deep down that back in the day you only got 3 months mat leave, and kids turned out just fine, and that there were tons of parents (mine included) who worked when they could and raised 2 or more kids no problem (ok maybe a little bit of a struggle, but it all worked out).

As for my hearing, I'm stickin' it to the man, so I'm excited and scared all at the same time...We'll see how that goes.

Anyways, i just wanted to get this out there..Dan truly believes that once you write something down, it isn't a problem any more. We'll see if he's right;)

No comments: