Thursday, February 28, 2008

Quick Update..

So Alex is still sick...He can keep small amounts of food down, but only about 1 Tbsp. at a time. The doctor thinks it might be a bladder infection, but we will not know for sure until the lab results come in. I have spent the last two days putting pee bags on Alex, and scooping poop out of diapers. Not fun. Last night he was awake every 45 minutes. I got about an hour of sleep. We're barely functioning, yet I can't seem to take a nap--too much to do.

We did get Alex weighed and measured while at the doctor on Wed. He is now 29 1/4" long, and weighs 19lbs 12oz. His weight is a little bit of a concern, since he has only gained 1/2 a lb. in 2 months, and only 1 1/2 lbs in 3 months. He has dropped below the 50th percentile for weight, which is where he was before. The doctor said it could just simply be because he's been sick, and we'll check again at 12 months. If he continues to fall on the weight percentile chart, then we'll need to figure out why he's not gaining weight like he should.

I have my Human Rights hearing on Monday, and so I've been spending a lot of time at the lawyer's office as well this week. We'll see how it goes, they think they've got some tricks up their sleeves, but they are wrong. I'm going to enjoy sticking it to the man! I will post on how things go on Tuesday after we are finished.

No comments: